Apr 1, 2010

Little Blue Truck Leads the Way

This is a fantastic book for all the children in your life.  Not only will your little boys (and little girls) love it, nay...CRAVE it, but you can feel good about reading it over and over and over and over and over when they beg you for it without ceasing because it teaches a very important lesson.  I find myself constantly hollering over the hollering, "Take turns!  Share!  Take Turns!"  This book teaches both.  In fact, instead of yelling, "Take Turns Dang IT!"  I have adopted a calmer, almost Zen-like approach where I say in my sweetest mom voice, "What Would Blue Do?"  (Okay, I know I'm not fooling anyone when I say I'm now calm and sweet but it HAS helped even my attitude a tid bit!)

Alice Schertle and Jill McElmurry are a great team.  I was thrilled when I was looking up this book and saw that not only is there Little Blue Truck Leads the Way but there is also the book that started it all, Little Blue Truck.  I can guarantee that you will enjoy reading this book to your kids the 800th time just as much as you did the first time, and isn't that what reading children's books is all about?


No comments:

Post a Comment