Apr 12, 2010

Cupcake

A few months ago I mentioned that Cupcake would be coming out so you might have already read this one.  If not, there is no better time to read Charise Mericle Harper's book than now.  What's not to love about a plain 'nilla cupcake whose friend the Candle is trying to find her the perfect topping.  As with life, sometimes what you really need has been right there in front of you all along.  (My favorite part is the squirrel...you'll have to read it to see what I mean!)

Charise does an excellent job with fun colorful pictures and an adorable story line.  She is an extremely talented lady, not only did she write and illustrate this book, she sewed a little cupcake for her nepehew Henry.  This book would have been adorable no matter what the main character was but being a cupcake makes it all the more delicious in my book!  My kids are glued to the pages because for some reason they think that if we read this enough times I will actually MAKE THEM CUPCAKES.  Dear sweet kids, so full of youthful hope!

Just like this little vanilla cupcake, this book is perfect for any occasion!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, I love cake...I'm going to the library today to find all your good books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mar! You are sweeter than cupcakes :)!

    ReplyDelete