Apr 29, 2010

The Duchess of Whimsy

This is a story about a girl after my own heart!  She fell for a grilled cheese sandwich.  Not really but I have to say that anyone who can make a great grilled cheese sandwich is a winner in my book!  This is an adorable book about a fancy, lively princess and a plain, normal prince.

My kids love this story and I don't know if it is because the story is original and fun or if it is because the pictures are colorful and enchanting.  I do know their favorite page is when the princess is staring down the grilled cheese sandwich!  They won't let me turn the page until they have memorized every detail of it.  I caught my daughter out of the corner of my eye trying to make the same faces as the princess the other day.  It was hilarious!

Randall de Seve is the author of this and other cute children's books.  In an interview she said that she wanted to write stories that kids and their parents would want to read over and over again.  I think she mastered this perfectly!

This book is illustrated by her husband Peter de Seve.  He has done a lot of great illustrations over the years.  These two make a fantastic team!

I'm gonna go make grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch but you should go find yourself a copy of this book.  Toodle-loo!


2 comments:

  1. Looks good. I'll have to try to find it. And I love a good grilled cheese, too. But I AM picky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't we all PICKY ;)? (If you can say you aren't picky about anything...then I think you are lying to yourself...just a little!)

    ReplyDelete