Mar 31, 2010

Waiting Out the Storm

I have to admit that my favorite thing in the world is a really good lightning and thunder storm!  When I first got married I made my husband hop in the car and drive with me to a better location to watch a lightning storm at ten o'clock at night.  I think he seriously questioned who he had married after that night.

This book makes storms seem so harmless and magical that is perfect for little ones who may be scared of storms or just not like them all that much.  The pictures are INCREDIBLE!  They make me feel like I'm actually splashing around in the storm myself.  Susan Gaber did an incredible job creating just the right feel with her art.

JoAnn Early Macken did an excellent job with the rhyme and the feel of this book.  I saw it at Barnes and Noble and skimmed through it briefly.  It wasn't until I got home that I truely got to enjoy the words and the flow of the book.

Reading this book is the perfect way to wait out the storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment