Mar 25, 2010

So Many Days

"So many doors in all your days,
so much to wonder about.
Who will you be and where will you go?"

Well there are SO MANY books that I am dying to tell y'all about right now.  I just couldn't wait any longer to tell you about So Many Days so it got bumped to the top of my list!  I can't think of a better book to read with your kids.  Reading this to my kids helps me express to them how amazing I think they really are! 

Any of you who know me personally know that I am not much of a crier.  This book however, made me experience a funny sensation...there was this stinging feeling in my eyes and nose and my throat started to feel really thick...if I didn't know better I would say I was about to cry!  This is such a warm fuzzy book it will become a permanent fixture in your house.  It is applicable for ages 2-100 (after 100 I would recommend you just write a book of your own on how you managed to live so long!).

I have been throwing an extended Pity Party for myself lately and as I read this I marvelled at how much this sounded like a pep talk I received recently from my mom.  Then as I read this a second, third, and fourth time I realized that it said all the things I wished I said to my kids on a daily basis.  Each time I read this book I fall more in love with it.  Not that I had any doubts that I would like it to begin with. 

Alison McGhee and Taeeun Yoo have put together another fabulous book.  They make a wonderful team when it comes to children's books!  There is a depth that adults can identify with and enjoy and a fun carefree feel that the little kids go crazy for.  I had the book sitting next to me while I was writing this.  My two year old actually put down his "shooter" (nerf gun) when he saw what I had and tried to climb into my lap with the book(this was a bit of a challenge since my laptop was already in my lap).  So I had to take a quick break to read it to him and then my three year old announced it was his turn.  So I apologize if this post didn't flow very well, I had an interruption or two :)!

"Who will you be and where will you go?
And how will you know?"

No comments:

Post a Comment