Mar 30, 2010

Rhyming Dust Bunnies

Since Easter is coming up I think it is only fair for us to acknowledge ALL types of bunnies!  That is why my newest recommendation is for the Rhyming Dust Bunnies.  These silly little dirt balls are so cute and so funny you'll actually want MORE dust bunnies when you are finished reading this!

My kids fight over who gets this book for story time.  Last night, despite the fact that we have a pile of books from the library that we read every day, they all wanted this one.  You see, we have a bedtime ritual where they get to pick a book and sit on my lap while I read it before they climb into their little beds and go to sleep for the night.  So last night I got to read this colorful little book three times IN  A  ROW.  I'm not complaining though....Jan Thomas did such a great job with this book and it's short enough that it was still enjoyable on the third time IN  A  ROW through.

Also, if you are trying to help your kids improve their rhyming skills, grab a copy of this book.  It is wonderful and my daughter who is doing much better with rhyming as of late, loves showing off her rhyming prowess as we read this book.  The only drawback to reading this is it may bring on some guilt at the fact that you still have not vacuumed up your OWN dust bunny colony. 
Speaking of which, I gotta run...

No comments:

Post a Comment