Mar 10, 2010

Race You To Bed

Oh!  Look at that adorable bunny face!  How could you possibly say NO to that?  Even if Easter wasn't right around the corner this would still be THE PERFECT bedtime story for your little ones.

Here are SOME of the reasons I think this is the PERFECT book:
1.  The words rhyme (I mean honestly, what is more fun than Dr. Suess-ish rhymes? "Bring a Bring-Brang-Brung to bed")

2.  The pictures are colorful and busy and everything little kids crave in their art.

3.  There is that loveable little bunny on every page.  (My three year old son, Ryan, said, "Mom hold the book still I want to poke the bunny's eye."  And this is why we don't have real live pets currently!)

4.  You have a bunny challenging your kiddos to beat him to sleep.  This solves the threatening and the ranting and the swift kicks to the fannies when they are trying to race this cute little puff ball to sleep.

I could go on like this forever but wouldn't it be more fun to read Race you to Bed by Bob Shea for yourself?  Yes, I think so.  If you choose to race off to find this book then you should also look for Dinosaur vs. Bedtime by Bob Shea as well.  (My husband and I survived a painful month where we had to read that story about two times per bedtime/naptime to my youngest son.  It was painful because the human voice can only ROAR so many times before it starts getting dry and hoarse.)

And now since it is almost 10pm I'm off to the races as well :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment