Oct 22, 2009

Only A Witch Can Fly


What a book!  This book was great when I read it for the first time today...and even better when I read it for the second time tonight.  I have confidence that it will continue to get better and better each time I read it!  You all know my fondness for wtiches (BTW I just sent Charlotte off to the publishers-keep your fingers crossed) but even that aside, this is such a creatively written and illustrated book that you're guaranteed to love it.  It has the feel of a classic and I'm sure that it will become a Halloween staple in many people's homes.


The author, Alison McGhee, is incredible!  I believe that most things in life can be achieved with enough hard work and practice.  However, when you read Alison's Blog you will agree that even though I'm sure a lot of hard work is involved she is truly GIFTED!  When you go to her blog look at this post about Only a Witch Can Fly, it will give you even more of an appreciation for this book. 
Perusing her sight I also found that she is the author of one of mine and my kids favorite books, Bye Bye Crib.  After reading that book, when our kids are afraid of something or get hurt we ask to see their "muscle cat" and they flex their arms and say "GRRR!" and start laughing and the world is fine again. (Read the book and you'll understand what I mean.)


Taeeun Yoo did such a fabulous job illustrating this book.  In a way it has the feel of an older book because the colors are simple and it just adds to my overall fondness for this book.  There is so much to see on each page I could spend many hours just looking through this book.  Visit Taeeun's Blog and you'll find lots of fun stuff about Only A Witch Can Fly.




No comments:

Post a Comment