Feb 25, 2010

Hot Rod Hamster

What more could you ask for from a children's book?!  A cute fuzzy hamster (who reminds me of my childhood hamster Nuzzy), lots and lots of car stuff (including flames!), rhyming, and choices for your own little turbo charged rugrats!
So I already told you how wonderful Derek Anderson is as an illustrator and in Hot Rod Hamster he does another amazing job!
Cynthia Lord, a very talented author, has created a sensationally fun book.  I love reading this book with my kids.  It is really quick paced and interactive.  As the little hamster is going through the junkyard picking parts for his race car, the book continually asks "What would you choose?".  I love seeing what my daughter would choose and whatever she chooses, my son chooses because big sissy's are so "COOL" that she must have picked the right thing.  The only thing that they don't agree on is what kinds of FLAMES are the best!
On your mark, get set, GO grab this book! 

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh we are going to the library tomorrow. Perfect timing! Thanks Mattie! You make the best recommendations!

    ReplyDelete