Feb 8, 2010

Amelia Bedelia's First Valentine

Amelia Bedelia's First Valentine   is a perfect way to celebrate Valentine's Day this year.  It is a little bit longer so if you have really little kids they might not sit through it all but my three and five year old loved it.  After reading it, Ryan made me buy him Hulk Valentine's Cards because he wanted to  "Milla Dilla them to friends, MOM!"  Duh, what is wrong with me!  I should have bought some to Milla Dilla to my friends too!

Herman Parish is a fantastic author.  He has added seventeen books to the Amelia Bedelia series of books.  This book is about Amelia Bedelia as a kid and it is very fun to read.  I loved reading the Amelia Bedelia books when I was a kid and I am so excited that there are new ones out that my kids enjoy!  Plus, Amelia is just as literal and awkward young as she was old and so it is still enjoyable for me!  I hate it when they take a classic and try to change it for the better...it usually never turns out well.  This on the other hand, was a real treat!

Lynne Avril Cravath is the illustrator for the new Amelia Bedelia's and she does a fabulous job!  The pictures are a lot of fun!  She has illustrated other books that look like a lot of fun as well.  Click on her name to go to her site and you can view the books and her other art work there.

Enjoy your Valentine's Day this year and don't forget to "Milla Dilla" the ones you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment