Feb 14, 2010

Marc Just Couldn't Sleep

...and neither could his mother!

I have to say that I really love this book.  Gabriella Kesselman and Noemi Villamuza did a fabulous job putting this book together.  It is not a newer book but you will want to get a new copy of it, because I guarentee you will wear it out.  I grabbed this book out of the library for a silly reason.  You see, my brother's name is spelled MarC and it is rare that you see it spelled that way.  Usually it is spelled MarK so I grabbed the book thinking it would be fun.  Little did I know, I stumbled across an AWESOME book!

So this little boy named Marc can't get to sleep because there are so many things that he is afraid of.  His mom does everything imagineable to help him.  (In my opinion, his mother is the most patient and energetic woman in the universe.)  Until finally, she is sitting atop their roof "keeping watch" when she hears "Mom, I'm still afraid."  In the process of wearing his mom out, little Marc wears himself out as well.

This is a great book for really young readers because there aren't a ton of words on each page.  My kids all seem to stay really captivated by the pictures and the story and I thoroughly enjoy reading it!  So it is great fun for the whole family and perfect for right before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment