May 30, 2010

Theodore Mouse Goes to Sea

Summer is almost here and so let the fun of summer reading begin!
This week I'm going to tell you about two of my favorite childhood books, you know, the ones I asked to read atleast three times a day when  I was just knee high to a grasshopper! 
BUT...I have a special request...I'm always telling you what my favorite stories are but I would love to hear what YOUR favorite stories are!  So feel free to add a note in the comment section telling me what book/books you requested most as a kid.

Without further ado...I'd love to tell you about Theodore Mouse Goes to Sea.

This brave little mouse was tired of the same thing day after day.  Sleeping in the same bed, waking up every morning and getting ready and then sitting on the roof of his house.  The only thing that changed every day was the sea.  So Theodore makes a ship from his bed and goes sailing around the sea.  He meets tropical mice and eskimo mice and runs into Pirate Rats and Cats.  A perfect bedtime story full of adventure.  This little book is short and sweet just like Theodore.


3 comments:

  1. That is awesome Mattie. Doug was going through his childhood box of books and found that one. He said, "I LOVED THIS BOOK!" I had never heard of it...so it must have been read a lot at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Doug this time. I actually read it to AJ the other night and she loved it too. That tells a lot. Good pic Mattie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/26/2010

    I beg you! For the sake of my childhood, please post the picture of those really scary pirate cats near the middle of the book! I'm 26, and haven't seen the book in 24 years, but the image of those cats is still with me! For old time's sake?

    ReplyDelete