May 19, 2010

The Daddy Longlegs Blues

So I have to admit that since the age of ten when I was living in Moscow, Idaho I have not been a fan of Daddy Longlegs.  There is this myth that they can't bite you but I beg to differ.  I had three of them that crawled into my shoes while I was running around barefoot in the grass.  I went to slip my shoes back on and felt painful pinching over and over.  I took my shoe off to find two smashed Daddy Longlegs and oddly the third crawled out.  I had little red welts all over my foot...did I say welts...I meant BITES!

So despite the colorful and inviting illustrations I have been putting off reading this book for some months now.  I will be the first to admit, it was a mistake to have done so!  This book is fun to read or sing!  I personally have a different tune I sing it to every time.
 
Mike Ornstein's rhymes are fun and witty.  Lisa Kopelke does an amazing job putting together entertaining illustrations that fit perfectly with the story.

So conquer your phobia's whether it be blues or daddy longlegs and grab The Daddy Longlegs Blues for your next bedtime story!

No comments:

Post a Comment