May 25, 2010

Goodnight, Sweet Pig

Linda Bailey is one of my favorite authors.  She wrote the Stanley books that are a huge hit around my house.  Goodnight Sweet Pig is just as fun as the Stanley books.  It is a great bedtime counting book!  I especially love the spanish dancers and I still need to find out what a bangle lancer is.

Josee Masse is an incredible illustrator and the pictures are full of color and life! 

I love reading this at bedtime because it is the perfect balance of calm and crazy.  Bedtime at our house is about like the first half of this book!  The rhymes and pictures in this book make it perfect for my little ones and I get a laugh out of it every time I read it!  Definitely a must have if you have lively toddlers or children learning to count.

No comments:

Post a Comment