Jun 19, 2010

THOSE DARN SQUIRRELS!

So first I would like to apologize for being MIA the last week and a half.  A series of unexpected events occurred and then I found myself at a Family Reunion in Jackson, WY for a week.  It was an odd sensation having fifty percent of my body sunburned and watching it snow the next day.  Glad to be back and I have a ton of books I can't wait to tell you about!

Those Darn Squirrels is a comical story about an old man who loves birds and goes to great measure to keep the squirrels from stealing the bird's food.  Finally, the squirrels, aka:  furry little geniuses, decide that they need to get on Old Man Fookwire's good side.  They try a couple techniques before they succeed.  It is an extremely enjoyable story and my kids love looking at the pictures.

Adam Rubin incorporates his great sense of humor into writing a book that not only gets my kids laughing but keeps me laughing as well.  I think it is amazing that even after you know the outcome (NO I'm not going to tell you what it is!)  you still want to read this book over and over!

Daniel Salmieri just adds to the humor of the story with these hilarious illustrations.  I was trying to figure out which picture was my favorite and I can't pick just ONE!  There are several that make me giggle.

I guarantee that you'll enjoy every second of it, no matter how many times you read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment