Oct 15, 2009

Bats at the Beach



"Scratchy where no sand should be."(Makes me laugh every time!)


I have to admit that I'm a bit of a bat fanatic.  One of my favorite cartoon characters growing up was Batty Coda from Ferngully.  I had all his lines memorized (ask my still annoyed younger brothers).  Plus Batty rhymes with Mattie.  Not to mention, this book is dedicated to a Maddy.  I'm sure she's great since everyone with that name is completely fabulous :).  All joking aside, if you are not a fan of bats now, you will definitely have developed a fondness for them by the time you are done reading this book.

So this makes my Halloween list on account of the fact that it is so cool I couldn't help sharing it right away and what is more Halloween-ish than BATS?  (Okay quit reading me the list of witches, ghouls, goblins.)  Bats are typical Halloween, just take a look at my front door...



This book is just phenomonal.  I read it the other day and thought about it all day until I got to read it again.  (Did you catch that?  GOT to read it again.  Yeah, it's that good!)  I was all excited to have found this totally awesome book with pictures that lure you away to  a moonlit beach bonfire party and words that are both rhyming (my favorite) and fun.  Then, I found the authors website and apparently I'm the last to find out what an awesome book this is.  Not only am I the last to find out what an outstanding book this is but apparently there was a previous one, Bats at the Library and a new one due out next year called Bats at the Ballgame.  Brian Lies is an incredible artist and author.  It baffles me how a person can be so phenomenal in both areas!  

So here's a book you won't want to miss and when you're ready to move on there is Bats at the Library and by the time your ready for a new one Bats at the Ballgame will most likely be out!

2 comments:

  1. This blog makes me want to read to my kids more. WHERE do you find all these books?? Just at the library?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! (Oh, and my other favorite hideout...Barnes and Noble!) But it's more fun just to read this then have to do all the research yourself right :)!

    ReplyDelete