Jan 6, 2010

Princess Peepers

So I once wore glasses but I was anything but a princess.  What you are about to see may change your opinion of me forever.  You may feel sick to your stomach or laugh until you are sick to your stomach.  Either way, prepare yourself because the following picture is quite disturbing...





Well now that you have seen the worst picture of me ever, here's a story that is very special to me:

I love this book because there were several times while I was growing up that I was too embarrassed to wear my glasses and missed out on things because of it.  For instance, I went to a New Kids On The Block Concert and refused to wear my geeky glasses and as such missed pretty much all of it from where I sat in the balcony.  I was afraid that maybe I would be seen by the NKOTB and they would laugh at my glasses :).
 Princess Peepers is also embarrassed by her glasses and almost misses out on getting to dance with Prince at the ball because of it.

This book is very well written and completely hilarious.  Pam Calvert does an excellent job of making glasses COOL again!  Speaking of cool, if you are a prince or princess with peepers you can get your picture on Pam's website (see the section for kids for details).  Also check out Pam's blog for more fun humor and info about Pam.

Tuesday Mourning is the illustrator of this charming book and illustrator of other fun and crazy books like Billy & Milly, Short & Silly.  She also has a great blog that I encourage you to take a peek at!

So grab your favorite pair of peepers so when you read Princess Peepers you don't miss anything!

3 comments:

  1. Aww...you look so cute with those glasses! I had some that looked similar. If I can find a pic, I'll post.

    Thanks for all your wonderful compliments about Princess!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha!! I can't breathe. That is so funny. JK, I love ya! We all went through it too. Can't wait to read that book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam it is easy to compliment something that is great to begin with. Your compliment however was much harder to come by I'm sure :)(there is nothing cute about the glasses).
    Mar & Doug-don't tell me you haven't seen that pic before! I know Doug saw it first hand but I figured by me posting it first it can't be used as blackmail against me now!

    ReplyDelete