Jan 3, 2010

Jumpy Jack and Googily


This book is one of my all time favorites.  I have checked it out from the library so many times it is becoming comical.  (I would just buy it but until I either get a book published or do amazingly well in the stock market...my play money account is in the negative :)!)
This book is written so incredibly well and it is just hilarious!  Meg Rosoff and Sophie Blackall have created a truly amazing children's book!  I have read this book over and over and neither myself or my children tire of it.  I love the dialog between this scaredy-snail and the cool-as-a-cucumber monster.  The only thing more fun than the dialogue is perhaps the irony that the illustrations add to the story. 
I think it is fitting to start this new year out with an amazing book!  I guarentee that you will not be dissappointed.

2 comments:

  1. Looks VERY cute! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is adorable! While you're at it, don't miss the one about the Georgous Glass wearing Princess :)!

    ReplyDelete