Jan 19, 2010

OTIS


Otis is an incredible book.  It is a story about true friendship and love taught by a little old tractor named Otis.  Loren Long did an incredible job with the illustrations and the story.  There is an old time feel to the pictures and in my opinion it makes it all the more endearing.

It is a great story for boys and girls alike.  I thought my boys would like it because of the little tractor, however, my daughter requests it even more than they do.  When my two year old looked over my shoulder just now and saw the picture from the cover of the book he squealed, "OTY!" and then snuggled in next to me as I browsed Loren's web page.

If you go to his page there is a fun youtube video about Otis, coloring pages and activities from the book, and other art sketches that didn't make it into the book.

I love books that are entertaining while teaching values and this definitely fits the bill!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment