Nov 23, 2009

Go Back To Bed!



This book makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I read it.  Mostly because it warms my heart that other parents have children that use their highly imaginative brains to find ways of weaseling out of bed time after time after time.  But also because I get a sense of deja vu when I read these pages and see these pictures...almost as if I was once in Edwin's shoes...weird, huh!

I love the images that Ginger Foglesong Guy paints in your head with her words.  Her book has a great flow and rhyme to it that made it instantly a favorite of mine!  I found this book at our library about a year ago and after reading it I couldn't remember the name of the book.  All I could remember was Edwin Dupree and of course it wasn't named that.  After wasting half an hour of the librarians time trying to find it again she decided she had to read it for herself when I returned it.  She then read it for the library's story time and it was well loved.  You don't have to take my word for it but I wouldn't argue with a mob of thirty, 3-5 year olds that all agree that it is one great book.

The pictures are quite enchanting.  James Bernardin did an amazing job of pulling the readers into Edwin's world.  He did such a great job that you almost believe Edwin's side of the story!  My mouth waters every time I see the page filled with baked goods and I feel an undeniable urge to find a water park every time I see the page where the living room is floating.




You'll love this book no matter what age you are!  It may even give you a bit more patience with your little ones and their imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment