Jun 8, 2011

When I Grow Up


Okay, okay...how could you go wrong with a book written by Al Yankovic
This is honestly one of my favorite books ever!

Did you know that I have only worked at a mere fourteen different jobs and only switched my major when I was in college six times before deciding on what I wanted to be when I grew up.  Guess what? Since finally deciding to become a massage therapist I have dabbled in children's book writing, learned to successfully trade stock, taken up Brazilian Jiu Jitsu all while cultivating patience in my most important job, commonly referred to as MOM!  I thought maybe I was decisionally challenged or flighty but according to this book I'm normal!  Yep, you heard me right, NORMAL!

Reading this book is like winning a prize for having sat through all the less than superior books that my kids grab off the shelf at the library.  It is definitely one of those diamonds in the rough.  There is rhyming (my favorite), witty humor, hilarious pictures by Wes Hargis, and best of all a wonderful lesson to share with your kids.  I love that this book tells kids it is okay to do and be a million things as long as you are happy!

Well that's enough praise for one night...go find a copy...NOW! 

(Oh and in case you ever read this post Mr. Yankovic, I would love to have the recipe for Twinkies Au Gratin!  That's my kinda meal!)

No comments:

Post a Comment