Sep 7, 2009

Fairy Tale


I just read Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog in less than a week. With my never ending list of things to do, you'd think finding the time to finish a book in a week would be impossible. It turns out that if you don't do anything on your To Do List, you can definitely read a whole book start to finish in a week.
I did however, remember to:
1. feed my kids
2. change Josh's diapers
3. break up some fights between kids
4. ignore my poor husband a lot!

I was on page 66 when I decided to read the front inside flap to see what it was supposed to be about. Apparently if you liked Twilight you would like this book. For me that is kind of a reason
not to read a book. NOW HOLD ON...I know all you Twilight lovers are freaking out right now. Before you quit reading let me explain. I am sick of every book being compared to Twilight just so people will read it. I read all the Twilight series once or twice or three times maybe because I love Edward and want an Edward of my own. Reading other books with the hopes of another Edward always leaves me disappointed.

Fairy Tale for me was nothing like Twilight. It's a gem of it's own. I love it when you read the Author Bios and the Acknowledgments and interviews with an author and you can tell that they have a sense of humor. This author seems to have a lot of personality and a true gift for suspense. I would read and read and read almost out of breath just trying to get to a conclusion of a problem just in time for another problem to develop.

It starts out seeming like a fairly predictable story line. So I believe I can predict the outcome before I actually read about it. I found myself smuggly expecting to read a mediocre teen novel and move on with my life. Last night I had a dream and this morning I woke up and started reading only to find that my dream coincided with the newest challenge in the book. I realized at that point that I was addicted and needed to get a more exciting life of my own.

If you need a fun, easy, enjoyable break from reality I would recommend reading this. I did just check the authors website and she has another book coming out summer of 2010. It's called Sleepless. I look forward to another wasted week of my life then.

SIDE NOTE: Thank you to all of the people who have chosen to follow my blog!! I love you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment