Nov 30, 2009

Oddly


I am not much of a sentimental person.  Even reading gushy birthday cards make me squirm!  I am happy to announce though that I read this whole book without getting squirmy!  This book has a theme so deep that I don't know if my kids fully get it but I do and appreciate Joyce Dunbar for finding the words to tell it and share it with us.  It is about three oddly characters and who find out what they are hoping for, wishing for, dreaming of...LOVE!  The meaning is not that simple but you'll have to read the book to truly appreciate all of it's meanings!  Joyce Dunbar has over 70 books and it shows in her expert command of words.

Patrick Benson did an excellent job of illustrating this book.  The characters are extremely easy to love and care for.  The colors and shapes of these three animals are fun and my kids LOVE THEM!

Definitely READ and Re-READ this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment