Nov 26, 2009

Mouse Was Mad

I wish I was reasonable enough to resolve my frustrations as smoothly as Mouse does!  In fact, after reading this very fun book the other day I decided I would try standing very still when I reached the heighth of my madness.  Turns out, standing very still only made the madness around me (three kids ages five and under) even madder.  It did make me laugh though that such a non agressive gesture would bring on such strong reactions.  I did follow Mouse's lead and locked myself in the bathroom for a nice warm "SPLASH" once I had calmed down.

This book is all about MADNESS.  Which makes it the perfect addition to my site.  I thought I had written the perfect book on Madness but it turns out that  Linda Urban did!  I love all the phases of mad Mouse goes through and I especially love watching him try to outdo himself with each one until he just runs out of things to do!  I think Linda Urban did a wonderful job of convincing small readers that there are better ways to handle MAD!  Everyone of my little readers loves this book and laugh at the end every time.

Henry Cole is an amazing illustrator.  Mouse and all his friends are just beyond cute!  If you want a list of incredible books to read, check out Henry's site because there are a ton of books that he has illustrated and they all look great.  He also has lots of fun games, puzzles, and coloring activities on his website so it is a fun one to visit with your kids!  Henry Cole has a new book that he wrote and illustrated coming out soon called A Nest For Celeste and it looks fantastic!  I can't wait to read it!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Mattie, for the great review! I'm so glad to hear that your little readers are laughing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda thanks for your comment. My son has now mastered the "Mad Mouse" and can stand shockingly still with little clenched fists until he is calm again. I love it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete