Nov 12, 2009

Dashing Dog!


"Horrors! He's seen it! He's off like a thunderbolt,
Trouble-quick, double-quick, devil-dog-dunderbolt."

This book is so fun to read!  It is not a new release by any means but it is a lot of fun no matter what age your kids are.  This dog reminds me of my kids, in fact.  Not even a second after a room has been cleaned or a mess cleaned up, or they've received baths and another mess or disaster is waiting on the horizon. 

The words that the author, Margaret Mahy, uses are so fun to say and inventive.  My youngest loves this book the best because he loves anything "doggy" and my oldest two think all the trouble the dog gets into is hilarious.  In general though, any Margaret Mahy children's book you read I'm sure you'll enjoy.  I've read several now and I have loved all of them.

Sarah Garland, the illustrator does a wonderful job of making this book fun and lively with her illustrations.  I love the bright colors and the expressions on the faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment