Sep 7, 2010

BLOOM

Bloom!
A Little Book About Finding Love

No this is not a new book.  It came out in 2008 but I came across it in a book store a couple weekends ago.  My daughter's birthday was coming up and it looked like just the kind of book she would read, make me read, make her brothers read, take to the bathroom, and sleep with, until the binding fell apart.  Turns out, not only does it fill all of the above roles but I secretly wanna steal it as well!

This book is so cute.  It is simple enough that little kids are fascinated with it.  They see the obvious story line and they love the pictures.  (My son did get upset because on one of the pages there is a crayon scribble above one of the characters heads and he thought his younger brother had done that and gave him a "talking to".)  For adults though, you can read so much more into the story line if you want to or if you are as tired as I was tonight you can just enjoy it as is!

Maria Van Lieshout has two other books called PEEP! and SPLASH! that I can't wait to get!  She has done a fantastic job making this book apply to every age of life.  It would be ideal for a birthday gift or Valentine's Day. (Yes, that is almost half a year away, but you can never be too prepared right?)

So go enjoy this with the little loves of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment