Aug 20, 2009

Downside to an Adorable Daughter



I’m going to quickly quote one of my favorite relatives, Troy Felt, who told us that when his daughter became a teenager he planned on sabotaging her.
“I’m going to put oil in her face wash and Nair in her shampoo.”
His daughter was four at the time, oddly enough the same age my daughter is now. I thought his daughter was adorable but wondered why he would already be worrying about his daughter dating at such an early age. NOW I KNOW!
I was headed into Gold’s Gym the other day with three small children in tow. It’s never the most graceful process and usually draws attention regardless. This day however, we were all fairly well behaved. Ryan, my three year old, loves to open and hold the door. Sydney, my daughter who is absolutely adorable (says her mother), was running after Ryan.
About the same time we were getting to the front doors two large, muscular guys were heading out. They were both pretty good looking and one had the tough guy look with tattoos running up one arm. Not the type to stop and comment on how cute your kids are if you know what I’m saying.
Ryan opened the door for them and Sydney wasn’t looking and almost ran into them. They both jumped out of the way and immediately started commenting on how cute she was. One of these guys still was looking over his shoulder at Sydney and NAILED a stationary light post that was sticking up from the walk way.
These light posts are about three feet high and are all heavy duty metal material. This poor guy hit it at crotch level walking at a swift speed. Not only did it knock the wind out of him but it knocked the top off the light. It went flying and hit the cement with a loud CLANK-CLANK-CLANK. This of course got the attention of everyone else outside of the gym. I wish I could have helped him. After all he did seem nice but I had to slip into the gym so I could let out the laughter that I could no longer contain.
I am very worried since then though. My daughter is four and already has the power to turn strange men’s heads? What happens when she turns into a teenager? CRAP!
Troy can I borrow some of that oil?

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Oh man that was a great start to my day. What a funny story. That's one of those stories you'll just think of and start laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Just thinking of the sound of the light clanging across the cement makes me laugh! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete